Re: round symbol

On 05/11/2012 11:48, Daniel Marques wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We need to represent expressions involving the "round" function in
> content MathML.
>
> For ceiling and floor there exists the tags <ceiling/> and <floor/>. Is
> there any one for round?.
>
> I assume that one possibility is to use <csymbol
> cd="rounding1">round</csymbol>. Is that the preferred one?
>
> Dani

Yes I think that is correct as long as that is the variant of round that
you want (round half even) Different systems use different terminology
here for example xpath has two round functions

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-round

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-round-half-to-even

Depending what other functions you need you may find it more convenient
to use your own CD with exactly the right set of functions, or perhaps
not, it all depends....

David