Re: <semantics>, RelaxNG and validator.w3.org

On 01/11/2012 14:03, Frédéric WANG wrote:
> - I get messages "Bad value application/mathml-presentation+xml for
> attribute encoding on element annotation-xml." and similarly for other
> values like "image/svg+xml" or "unknown". The RelaxNG schema seems to
> allow any string though so I guess it is something specific to
> validator.w3.org.

MathML has an open model for annotations and any xml is allowed in the
annotation.

However compound document formats can restrict as well as extend the
schema as they see fit.

Michael Smith and Henri Sivonen were nervous about open content models
in a web context so restricted the markup that is allowed in annotations
to markup that is already allowed (so html/mathml/svg)
svg's foreign content is similarly restricted to only allowing html and
mathml not arbitrary markup.

David