Re: minor suggestions on Public Editor's draft of MathML

From: Joe Java <cop3252@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 05:41:32 -0700 (PDT)
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>

> > ... entity references ...

> I put an experimental option so you can flip the display between entity
> refs character refs and just showing the character. Note this is an
> _editors' draft_ so this is just an experimental feature that might come
> or go, depending how it works out. The display of the controls at the
> top of the document certainly would need some adjusting.
> It's too big and too cluttered as it is but I think it will do for now.

Great work!

Quick aside, the development version of  Firebug (1.10 versions) has a new feature
that allows the entities in HTML code  to be  viewed as symbols, names,
or by their unicode number.  This feature makes editing MathML code much easier.

Final quick note.  In section " Rendering Applications"
The first sample presentation example is missing the commented out long
unicode name <!--FUNCTION APPLICATION--> and the second
presentation example has both commented out unicode names outside of the
<mo> entities.  (I.E. the presentation is inconsistent with the the way
non-ASCII characters are shown in other locations in the document.)