Re: minor suggestions on Public Editor's draft of MathML

On 16/05/2012 21:30, David Carlisle wrote:
> I suppose some editors (or people) get a bit stressed by 56737 character
> lines:-)

I have just updated the stylesheets with some additional newlines and now

  egrep ".{2500}" mathml.html

reports there are no lines longer than 2500.

That's probably still a bit large but better than 56 thousand. But it
gets progressively harder to catch the other cases. Many sections are
generated from one thing or another and changing the generation can have
unwanted side effects. We can't just indent the final file as there are
places where white space is significant and unless the tool fully knows
the semantics of html, mathml, relaxng and xsd regexp syntax, then just
wrapping long lines and indenting is bound to break something:-)

However I'll try and keep an eye on it so that the line length comes
down rather than going up as edits are made.

David