Re: Typesetting for print

From: Will Robertson <wspr81@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:26:22 +1030
Cc: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
To: Wendell P <wendellp@operamail.com>
(Sent quickly. Please excuse brevity.)

On 19/01/2012, at 9:18 AM, Wendell P <wendellp@operamail.com> wrote:

> This is the main issue. I am so far aware of just two ways to get
> quality typesetting from MathML, 1) convert to TeX or 2) use one of the
> big commercial systems like 3B2. Converting just bits of MathML to TeX
> seems easy enough, but what about processing whole XML+MathML+SVG
> documents? I looked briefly and that seems like a very steep hill to
> climb.

Sorry to jump in late here, but have you looked at ConTeXt? AFAIK, it has modules specifically designed for using TeX (actually LuaTeX, now) to typeset directly from XML+MathML (not sure about SVG) source. It parses the source directly rather than translating it to an intermediate format.

Hope this helps,
Will