RE: How does your MathML application use the <semantics> tag?

From: Daniel Marques <dani@wiris.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 17:46:54 +0100
To: Neil Soiffer <NeilS@dessci.com>, Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Cc: www-math@w3.org
WIRIS editor, when editing a LaTeX formula, adds the LaTeX part inside a
semantics:

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">

                <semantics>

                               <mrow>

                                               <mfrac>

                                                               <mi>x</mi>

                                                               <mn>4</mn>

                                               </mfrac>

                               </mrow>

                               <annotation
encoding="LaTeX">\frac{x}4</annotation>

                </semantics>

</math>

All WIRIS editor services works internally with MathML. Then, why is worth
storing the LaTeX? We use LaTeX as an input method for advanced authoring.
We convert the LaTeX to MathML and we store the authors original version,
which is what he will see when editing the formula again.

Dani

MathType embeds its rendering format ("MTEF")  inside of
<annotation encoding='MathType-MTEF'>  .... </semantics>

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~