How does your MathML application use the <semantics> tag?

From: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:02:27 +0100
To: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
Dear all,

I've been looking at the usage of the <semantics> by various software
tools generating MathML code. The most typical examples are LaTeX to
MathML converters that embed the LaTeX code inside an <annotation> or
Computer Algebra Systems adding content MathML inside an
<annotation-xml>. The information can be shared between applications
during file transfer or copy & paste operations. I started to write a
survey here:

https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/wiki/Usage-of-the-semantics-element

I'm wondering if some of you could provide details about how your MathML
programs use <semantics> to provide information and whether you expect
this information to be used by other applications.

Thanks,

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic