triple and quadruple dots and the MathML test suite

From: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 11:48:08 +0200
To: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'm wondering what characters to use for triple and quadruple dots. The
MathML dictionary contains

'COMBINING THREE DOTS ABOVE' (U+20DB)
and
'COMBINING FOUR DOTS ABOVE' (U+20DC)

but the

http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML/chapter7.html#chars.comb-chars

says COMBINING characters should not be used.

BTW, I have comments on two tests from the MathML test suite:

http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/main/General/GenAttribs/attribQuote1-full.xhtml
=> The code is only checking mathsize, but the title and description are
suggesting to check quotes and apostrophes (for attributes?).

http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/build/main/General/Math/mathAmode1-full.xhtml
=> I think the screenshot should be the same as General/Math/mathAdisplay2

--
Frédéric Wang.
Website <http://www.maths-informatique-jeux.com/> - Weblog