Re: MathML for CSS profile

David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> writes:

> I'm delighted to announce that the MathML for CSS profile has been
> published as a recommendation
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/REC-mathml-for-css-20110607/
> . . .

While I think the MathML-for-CSS specification is useful, and I am
moderately optimistic about the long-term prospects for using CSS to
provide cross-platform rendering of math, I think that the default
CSS sheet found as a non-normative appendix (§12) in the specification
is in need of revision.

For example, I find that something as simple as (x+y)^2 seems not to
be handled well in browsers known for strong support of CSS.  See the
screenshots in the HTML document

    http://www.albany.edu/~hammond/demos/forcss/overview.html

                                    -- Bill