Re: MathML in safari

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:49:45 -0700
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: François Sausset <sausset@gmail.com>, "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21/07/2011 17:36, François Sausset wrote:
>>
>> I worked on the MathML implementation in WebKit last year (with Alex
>> Milowski).
>
> Yes thanks and congratulations are due to you and Alex for getting the
> MathML implementation into webkit.

There still is a long way to go.  I think it would be good to get a
lot of outside feedback and support.  We need better support from the
major players to figure out some of the trickier bits.  I've gotten a
lot of feedback from WebKit developers telling me that "you shouldn't
do it like that" without much about how it should be done within
WebKit.

MathML is a different kind of markup language than what has been done
in the past and has its own rendering issues with respect to how
WebKit works (e.g. anonymous blocks).

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."