Re: What is "f'(x)" as MathML?

Hi

> Forgive me for asking a question that might already have been
> answered, but what is the 'correct' translation of the TeX notation
> mathematics "f'(x)" into presentation MathML?

Okay, just wanted to answer but David was faster.  What he wrote is
equivalent to what I think is correct:

<math>
  <mrow>
    <msup>
      <mi>f</mi>
      <mo>&#x2032;</mo>
    </msup>
    <mo>&#x2061;</mo>
    <mrow>
      <mo>(</mo>
      <mi>x</mi>
      <mo>)</mo>
    </mrow>
  </mrow>
</math>

The invisible function application U+2032 and the prime U+2061 are
documented here:
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf

Note that as far as I have seen it on this mailinglist (I am not part of
the working group) you should use msup to place the accent, even if some
MathML renderers make the prime too small.

Greetings
Urs