Re: Where can I find numerical codes for all LATEX Mathematical symbols

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:28:13 +0000
To: saf sied <saf_itpro@yahoo.com>
CC: www-math@w3.org
On 17/02/2011 20:51, saf sied wrote:
> 1. Where can I find numerical codes for all LATEX Mathematical symbols
> defined in: http://amath.colorado.edu/documentation/LaTeX/Symbols.pdf
> For example, $#62; for ">" symbol.
> I need these numerical codes for my MathML project. I can find some
> numeric codes here and there from different sites. But I would like to
> collect these codes (or at least most of these) from one place.
>
> 2. Is the list of LATEX math symbols defined in the above list
> comprehensive?

There isn't really a comprehensive list as latex can be arbitrarily
extended with available fonts.

> Thank you in advance,
> Saf

There is some information on latex mappings in the mathml and entity
spec sources in the file unicode.xml which may be downloaded from

http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007xml/

but probably the latex unicode-math pakgae has the most up to date and
maintained information:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/unicode-math/unimath-symbols.pdf