Re: correct DOCTYPES to use on MathML 3.0 documents

Le 12/10/2010 17:34, William F Hammond a écrit :
> There are some things in the text/html serialization of html5 that
> would be very difficult, if not impossible, to model faithfully in
> SGML.

Yes, I was really thinking at the semantic level: if we have a RelaxNG
schema describing a family of XML documents, then we can write a DTD
whose corresponding set of valid documents includes the previous family
(and there are tools to generate such a DTD). Of course, this seems much
more difficult at the syntactic level, because of the particularities of
the text/html serialization of HTML5, such that those you've mentioned.
I'm wondering whether the W3C validator can currently only rely on a DTD
schema. That would explain the issues about HTML5 validation raised in
this mail thread...

--
Frédéric Wang.
Website <http://www.maths-informatique-jeux.com/> - Weblog