Re: How to use CDBase URIs in Content MathML?

I wrote as answer to David:
> Isn't this the same as claiming that there is no need for a namespace
> mechanism for XML because elements would have unique names anyway?

Please don't consider this answer as offensive. Perhaps I misformulated
it a little. The substring "OM" in all the element names from the
OpenMath XML encoding are there because at some point, it was not
possible to just use an XML namespace. Let me show the parallels of the
cdbase and the XML namespaces:

In my opinion, the prefix of an element or attribute in XML is similar to
the OpenMath cd. The local name in XML is similar to the symbol name in
OpenMath. Finally, the URI of the namespace is similar to the cdbase in
OpenMath.
It is widely accepted that just chosing prefixes carefully in XML without
using URIs to identify the namespaces is not enough in practice. I
believe that the same is true in the case of OpenMath and therefore also
Content MathML: Chosing the cd carefully is not enough in practice.

Greetings
Urs