Re: [MathML3-last-call] Image of the actuarial example does not match up the MathML source

From: Neil Soiffer <neil.soiffer@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 07:44:18 -0700
To: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Cc: www-math@w3.org
Thanks for catching that.  As David said, that's been there since MathML 2.
The image has been updated (see attached).

Checking in presentation-markup.xml;
/w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/spec/xml/presentation-markup.xml,v  <--
presentation-markup.xml
RCS file: /w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/draft-spec/image/actuarial.eps,v
done
Checking in image/actuarial.eps;
/w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/draft-spec/image/actuarial.eps,v  <--  actuarial.eps
initial revision: 1.1
done
RCS file: /w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/draft-spec/image/actuarial.png,v
done
Checking in image/actuarial.png;
/w3ccvs/WWW/Math/Group/draft-spec/image/actuarial.png,v  <--  actuarial.png
initial revision: 1.1

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:42 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks, That example  was in MathML2, but I think you are correct that it's
> wrong and that the it is supposed to be in suubscript position and we
> should remake the image, rather than changing the mathml to match the
> image.
>
> eg the wikipedia antry for actual arial notation has this example
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/7/a/5/7a5de27318ddc74d9de511875358cbde.png
>
> David

> The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England
> and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
> Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.
>
> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is
> powered by MessageLabs.

actuarial.png
(image/png attachment: actuarial.png)