Re: Math ML w automatic voicing?

MathML was designed to allow the math to be accessible, which includes the
ability to speak. There are several pieces of software that I know of that
take advantage of MathML's design for accessibility.  I'll briefly describe
two of them:  MathPlayer and Firevox.

MathPlayer is a free download from www.dessci.com that works inside of
Internet Explorer.  It works with many assistive technology software (screen
readers, magnifiers, learning disability tools), and also has a right-click
"speak expression" menu.  The other piece of software works with Firefox.
Firevox is a free download from http://firevox.clcworld.net/downloads.html.
It acts like a screen reader for Firefox only, speaking both the text and
the math.  There were some problems with Firevox and Firefox 3 -- I don't
know if they are fix or not.

I hope this helps,

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ, Equation
Editor ~