MKM/DML Gathering at Joint Math Meetings

From: Thomas E. Leathrum <leathrum@jsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:24:48 -0500
To: www-math@w3.org, projects-mkm-ig@lysander.jacobs-university.de
"Birds of a Feather" Gathering
for Joint Math Meetings participants interested in
Mathematical Knowledge Management (MKM) and
Digital Mathematics Libraries (DML)

Friday January 15 at 5:20pm immediately following
MAA Contributed Paper Session "Publishing Math on the Web"

organized by Tom Leathrum, Editor of MAA/MathDL online journal Loci

I have scheduled this informal "birds of a feather" gathering to assess
the interest among JMM 2010 participants in issues related to MKM and
DML.  There are several ways we could proceed, depending on the
interests and preferences of those who attend -- we could:

** attempt to revive the activities of the North American chapter of the
MKM  Interest Group, perhaps including activities at future JMMs
** organize interest groups within JMM participating organizations
** organize e-mail lists and communications, but otherwise keep
gatherings informal

I hope to discuss these and other topics during the gathering.

For more information about the gathering, see the announcement page on Loci:

http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/56/?pa=content&sa=viewDocument&nodeId=3344

The AMS/MAA Joint Math Meetings are planned for January 13-16, 2010 in
San Francisco, CA -- for more information, see the main Meetings page:

http://www.ams.org/amsmtgs/2124_intro.html