De : www-math-request@w3.org [mailto:www-math-request@w3.org] De la part de
David Carlisle
Envoyé : jeudi 8 octobre 2009 12:03
À : Karim.Alloula@ensiacet.fr
Cc : www-math@w3.org
Objet : Re: [MathML3-last-call] MathML 3 current status

> I would be interested in knowing the current status of the MathML 3
> standard.

as indicated in the subject line it's at "last call". This, in the W3C
process, is the time for people to make comments on what is planned to be a
final feature complete draft.

The next stage is "candidate recommendation", hopefully later this year,
which is accompanied by a "call for implementation" at which point
implementors are encouraged to implement the new features, report results of
the test suite etc.

After that is "proposed recommendation" and then finally "recommendation".

> I work with MathML 2 for several years and wonder when I will have to
> switch to the new version.
> Is it the right time?

It depends how you work with mathml.

As an author of course you are constrained by the mathml system that you
use, for example the public versions of mathplayer and firefox currently
work with mathml2. However now is a good time to start looking at and
commenting on the new features.

As an implementor now is a good time to start implementing the new features,
as the best way to make detailed comments on the spec is to implement it,
and this last call period, and the following candidate recommendation period
are the times to get in any last minute changes suggested by implementation
experience.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and
Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is powered
by MessageLabs.