[MathML-Last-Call] dir on mrow should not default to ltr

From: Miller, Bruce R. <bruce.miller@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:17:01 -0500
To: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
Although the text in 3.1.5.2 is clear, and I think correct about default values of the dir attribute for  the
math and mrow elements, the table of attributes for mrow in 3.3.1.2 says that dir defaults to ltr,
which is incorrect (it would undo the effect of a higher level dir, especially for the frequent implicit mrows).

Additionally, tin handling the previous issue on duplication of the dir attribute of the math element,
the discussion was removed from the attribute table and shortened. However, it would be helpful
at that point to be explicit that the default value of dir for the math element should be ltr, in order
to maintain backward compatibility with existing MathML 2 content.

Furthermore, anticipating handling the recently raised issue on Improving MathML Internationalization
by addiing the dir attribute to all text containing token elements, I would point out that these should
default the dir to inherit.

bruce miller