Re: mathvariant vs. plane 1

From: Bruce Miller <bruce.miller@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:37:45 -0400
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: www-math@w3.org
David Carlisle wrote:
>> doesn't seem to do it..
>
> ah yes I see. No, in that case you want a font with a bold fraktur w
> assigned to "w" can't you specify the old mathematica fonts?

Yeah, I could, but given the STIX is almost there,
who'd want to install all those extra fonts ---
or who'd want to explain which ones to load and
which ones to avoid! (the tex ones now cause problems, don't they?)

OBTW: The only way I could make the CSS work in Firefox2
was installing _both_ the Mathematica 4.1 fonts used directly
by firefox, and the Mma 4.2 fonts which allowed me to
specify the specific Fraktur set!

bruce.miller@nist.gov
http://math.nist.gov/~BMiller/