quantifiers

From: Andreas Strotmann <andreas.strotmann@ualberta.ca>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 13:18:06 -0600
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
CC: www-math@w3.org
In MathML2, quantifiers do not need to be accompanied by bvars. In the
absence of bvar qualifiers, the body is interpreted as a function (or
rather, predicate) - cf. MathML 2, 4.4.3.17.1.

The draft of MathML3 specifies that at least one bvar needs to be
present, in all cases of quantifiers. This needs to be fixed.

The rewrite rules need to be fixed accordingly.

May I also suggest to change the current rewrite rule to one that
restricts the quantifier to the domainofapplication, instead of
embedding logical implication in the body. This would make its treatment
consistent with the general case if my previous suggestion on the
general rewrite rule is taken into account.