Apparent inconsistency in MathML 3 draft, section 4.4.9.1 Vector <vector>

From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:25:44 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org
Hi,

to me, section 4.4.9.1 in the latest MathML 3 draft (20090604) appears to
contradict itself on whether a vector is a row or a column. The last sentence
of the first paragraph says:
> Where orientation is important, such as for pre or post multiplication by a
> matrix a vector is treated as a row vector and its transpose is treated a
> column vector.
whereas, immediately following that sentence, the first sentence of the second
paragraph says:
> For purposes of interaction with matrices and matrix multiplication, vectors
> are regarded as equivalent to a matrix consisting of a single column, and
> the transpose of a vector behaves the same as a matrix consisting of a
> single row.
(MathML 2 contained only that second sentence, see section 4.4.10.1.)

Am I missing something?

        Kevin Kofler