Re: Where do the "default renderings" in spec chapter 4 come from?

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:22:45 GMT
To: paul@activemath.org
Cc: ch.lange@jacobs-university.de, www-math@w3.org, c.mueller@jacobs-university.de

> Would it make sense that the MathML default renderings, for some
> symbols, really are multiple to remind the diversity to a reader which
> may forget it? Lcm and interval are examples we can easily provide...

we could do, and have in the past, eg

has two renderings for mean.

Although I seem to remember that has caused comment that giving multiple
renderings is confusing unless we say which one to use. I think
Christoph's suggestion of calling them sample renderings rather than
default may be good, it's easier to have multiple sample renderings than
multiple defaults....