Re: MathML Problems

On Feb 12, 2009, at 12:45 PM, Thomas E. Leathrum wrote:

> Wei Bin Chuah wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a math teacher planning to use MathML for my website. However,
>> when I copy and paste the code and save it as a HTML file, it does
>> not appear as it should be. May you guys help me solve the problem?
>>
>> Thanks.
> At risk of raising accusations of self-promotion, here are a couple
> of links to things I have written to make writing MathML a bit easier:
>
> http://cs.jsu.edu/~leathrum/mathtrans/mathtrans.xml
> http://cs.jsu.edu/~leathrum/mathtrans/articlestyledoc.xml
>
> or for a list of these tools, some examples, and other stuff together:
>
> http://cs.jsu.edu/~leathrum/mathtrans/index.xml
>
> The earlier comment about browsers is important here, too, though:
> these tools really only work well in Firefox (v2.0 or later).  But I
> hope you will find them to be worth a try.
>
> Regards,
> Tom Leathrum

These apps are interesting. They certainly make things easier from the
average math professional, who would probably know TeX. I am looking
for the "DWIM" language for encoding mathematical expressions and I am
not finding it. :-)

I often work things out in either sage or R and want to put the result
into some web page. I have one way to do it that works. I take a
partial screenshot and plug the PNG file into the page. Not optimal.

I learned HTML and such before learning math, and not the other way
around. Additionally, tools that have been around tend to be for
Windows. Do I want to learn TeX just to get MathML? That seems wrong.
O well.

cheers - ray