RE: HTML 5 and MathML validation problems

From: Joe Java <joe.java@eyeasme.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:01:54 -0700
To: "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: www-math@w3.org
Hello Henri,

> The validator doesn't allow MathML and SVG in text/html yet to
> discourage authors from publishing such content before browser support
> for SVG and MathML in text/html is shipping.
>
> Now that authors can actually experiment with HTML5-enabled Firefox
> nightlies, I guess this restriction could be lifted from the validator.

Great news!  So the webpage might be valid HTML5.
I tried both the w3C validator and the one at:
http://html5.validator.nu/
Both give the same error messages.

If anyone wants to experiment with HTML 5 it is very easy to do. See:
http://www.in-nomine.org/2009/07/08/mathml-and-svg-in-html-5-with-firefox/

The page
https://eyeasme.com/Joe/MathML/HTML5_MathML_browser_test.html
displays OK with Firefox nightly when HTML5 is enabled.

> --
> Henri Sivonen
> hsivonen@iki.fi
> http://hsivonen.iki.fi/