Re: HTML 5 and MathML validation problems

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:47:37 +0300
Cc: www-math@w3.org
To: Joe Java <joe.java@eyeasme.com>
On Aug 24, 2009, at 15:15, Joe Java wrote:

> Element math not allowed as child of element a in this context.
> Content model for element a:
> Transparent, but there must be no interactive content descendant.

The validator doesn't allow MathML and SVG in text/html yet to
discourage authors from publishing such content before browser support
for SVG and MathML in text/html is shipping.

Now that authors can actually experiment with HTML5-enabled Firefox
nightlies, I guess this restriction could be lifted from the validator.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi