Re: menclose: several values in the "notation" attribute

From: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 10:29:17 +0100
To: Neil Soiffer <Neils@dessci.com>
CC: Bruce Miller <bruce.miller@nist.gov>, www-math@w3.org

> That seems pretty clear to me that all of the values should be rendered.
    Yes, it is. The issue is rather to understand what to do when the
renderer can not display some combination of known values (for instance,
MathPlayer ignores "circle" when is used with "radical" but other
renderers can behave differently). But I don't think these rules should
be indicated in the spec.

>   It is maybe less clear that they should overlap, but the paragraphs
> that give default spacing from the content, so that is pretty strongly
> implied just as it is in the text above. Is it really necessary to add
> something that say they should overlap?
    The only examples of combined values is "circle horizontalstrike" or
"top right" and it is clear that they can't be nested. The issue appears
when you want to implement something like "circle box" (see screenshot).
There is no explicit statement about how to deal with this case.

F. Wang

circle_box.png
(image/png attachment: circle_box.png)