Re: Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:08:47 +0100
To: hammond@csc.albany.edu
Cc: public-html@w3.org, www-math@w3.org

> s it unreasonable for me to think that semantic seriousness should
> live only on the xhtml side, especially if the html5 folk want to bag
> semantic annotation?

I think it;s unreasonable for the math in html to be diferent (other
than linearisation differences0 from that of xhtml. Moving expressions
from one to the other should ideally be the identity or at most  purely
frmal changes in the way to write out a tree, you shouldn't have to
modify the tree, by removing seatics elements, or any other changes.

It's not just moving expressions from xhtml to html or visa versa but a
matter of specifying what constitutes mathml for web use. It's
unreasonable for mathematical editors to have to generate two entirely
different expression trees, depending on where the expression is going
to be used.