Re: Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:57:40 +0300
Cc: Bruce Miller <bruce.miller@nist.gov>, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>, ian@hixie.ch, public-html@w3.org, www-math@w3.org
To: m.kohlhase@jacobs-university.de

On Mar 30, 2008, at 12:18, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> We will have to deal with the possibility of data getting out of
> sync some other way. The proposal of disallowing other aspects (and
> I have argued that they are non-redundant) of the data is like
> solving the problem of air traffic control by just allowing one
> plane in the air at a given time.

That's a bad analogy. Annotation is like congesting the traffic of
some airlines by air traffic control setting aside some runways
privately for other airlines for preferential service level instead of
making sure that the airfield has a sufficient number of shared
runways to service all airlines.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi