Re: Exploring new vocabularies for HTML

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:59:11 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

A correction:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:20:17 -0400 I wrote:

> 2.  Web visible adoption:
>
>     Some search engines seem not to see application/xhtml+xml.
>
>     Though adoption has been slow, it's happening.  There are are at least
>     three math journal operations using xhtml+mathml at least for article
>     abstracts:
>
>     1. Mathematical Sciences Publishers, Berkeley and Warwick,
>        http://www.mathscipub.org/
>
>     2. NUMDAM, Grenoble, http://www.numdam.org/
>
>     3. Project Euclid (some of its journals, i.e., Duke, JMSJ, ...),
>        Cornell, http://projecteuclid.org/

Thierry Bouche from Grenoble writes in a message (to emj) that was
not previously shared here:

   WFH>     2. NUMDAM, Grenoble, http://www.numdam.org/

   thanks for the notice, but to be fully fair, this should read

   CEDRAM, Grenoble http://www.cedram.org

   (we have MathML for articles as old as 1949! and this is because
   MathML is as old as TeX!
   http://aif.cedram.org/aif-bin/fitem?id=AIF_1949__1__61_0 )

   NUMDAM as no MathML at all, at the moment.

                                    -- Bill