Case sensitivity of unit identifiers

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:03:08 -0800
To: www-math@w3.org

I'm trying to figure out whether unit identifiers in MathML are
case-sensitive or case-insensitive (e.g., whether '3PX' is
equivalent to '3px', as it is in CSS), but I can't find a clear
answer in the spec.

says that all MathML element and attribute names are case-sensitive,
but doesn't mention attribute values.  (A general statement
somewhere about attribute values might be useful.)

says that hexidecimal color values and named color keywords are not
case sensitive (as an exception to a general rule that I haven't
found stated anywhere else).

says "The unit identifiers and meanings are taken from CSS."  Does
that imply that the case-sensitivity is also taken from CSS?  It's
not clear to me, since the section goes on to define a number of
differences with CSS and explicitly define a number of things that
*are* taken from CSS.

Am I missing something?  Or would errata to the spec be useful here?