Re: MathML won't display (or: what triggers mathplayer behaviour?)

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:41:40 -0400
To: Jacques Distler <distler@golem.ph.utexas.edu>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

Hi Jacques,

You write:

> I have the same problem with my branch of Instiki, the MathML-enabled
> Wiki.
>
>      http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/instiki/show/HomePage
>
> Works fine in IE6+MathPlayer, but IE7+MathPlayer users see an XML
> document tree. The HTTP header sent out says

I don't know what issue might be involved here with content-type handling.

My impression has been that UTF-8 characters are handled by
IE+MathPlayer (whether IE 6 or 7) when found marked up
as cdata entities, e.g., &#x03B1;

For this a charset specification is not required in the HTTP header.

                                    -- Bill