serving XHTML+MathML

From: Richard Kaye <R.W.Kaye@bham.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:01:58 -0000 (GMT)
To: www-math@w3.org

Dear all,

Because the issues are complex and (I think) difficult,
and because I thought it would be a service to the
community, I have written a paper about how to upload
and serve XHTML+MathML documents on the web.  The paper
focuses on mime-types and content negotiation particularly,
and I am particularly interested in helping authors who
do not have special control or privileges over their
web-server.  It does not discuss authoring tools, nor
what is (and how to write) XHTML+MathML.  There are
plenty of omissions, mainly because I haven't tested
everything yet.  Most of these are flagged up.

The paper's quite long (sorry). It can be found via
  http://web.mat.bham.ac.uk/R.W.Kaye/papers/serving/
(This is the best page to bookmark or link from your
documents, as I can include addenda here later on.)
I'd be grateful for any comments or suggestions.
If you like it, I aim to keep it at this location for
the foreseeable future.  If you don't like it I can
amend it or might even remove it.

Best wishes

Richard