Re: MathML-in-HTML5

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, White Lynx wrote:

> > Are we to understand that WHATWG is running without cooperation on
> > HTML5 development from the IE folk?
>
> As far as I see, in this particular case (MathML), it is running not
> just without MS support, but without analyzing existing situation,
> without consulting other browsers that participate in WhatWG, without
> realizing consequences of its moves, without taking any responsibility
> for its actions, without making any announcements on WhatWG mailing
> list, without mentioning anything in HTML5 draft that is usually updated
> on daily basis, without listening to other opinions, it is just running.

WHATWG isn't "running" at all with this, we are looking for implementation
experience and are talking with browser vendors, including Roger (Mozilla)
to get their expertise. The entire thread is based on a proposed
experiment from Roger, which I am interested in seeing the results of. It
isn't a formal WHATWG position by any means.