Re: MathML-in-HTML5

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:10:48 -0400
To: www-math@w3.org

>   <OBJECT ID=...
>    CLASSID="ExtremelyLongIndecipherableRandomString"></OBJECT>
>   <?IMPORT NAMESPACE="..." IMPLEMENTATION="#..."?>

This construction is baroque, grotesque, and insecure.  It is simply
unwise to allow an arbitary content provider to have this level of
control over a user agent.

Moreover, it presents challenges for public sector content providers
who by law cannot allow the impression of being unduly influenced by
particular market participants.

I hope we can persuade the purveyors of user agents offering such
constructions to join with others in providing a better approach that
is both secure and inter-operably meaningful.

                                    -- Bill