Re: Samples from the Internet

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:33:59 GMT
To: juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com
Cc: www-math@w3.org

> I do not know that validator is really doing,

The term "validate" is defined in the XML recommendation. Unless it says
otherwise, it (ought to be) safe to assume that a validating parser does
what is defined there, in which case switching parsers shouldn't change
the result if you don't change the DTD so it's not supprising that you
found two online validators that gave the same result.

> I am not interested in legacy issues. I simply pointed that certain MathML
> validator validates as correct input is not correct according to the today
> spec.

It returns the result mandated by the XML specification. The document is
a valid XML file, and any validating XML parser must report it as such.

> I understand you, but only reason i said was that someone from _that_ CAS
> can take a look to their validator for checking this.

The validator is doing nothing wrong. As I said in the message to which
you replied, we should perhaps look to change the DTD for mathml3, but
that's for a future time, not now.