Re: [whatwg] The problems with namespaces in text/html

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 08:54:27 -0500
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>, www-math@w3.org, WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> The model in the browsers that matter is the DOM. Unfortunately. But it
> is too late to change it. And having even that level of interop is great.

But as I keep saying, *it's not just browsers*. There's a lot more
happening on the Web than classic desktop browsers. A document posted to
the Web is available to all sorts of clients. Some of the most
interesting things happen when there's no human in the loop to look at a
browser.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!