Re: [whatwg] The problems with namespaces in text/html

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 17:12:29 +0100, Elliotte Harold
<elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
>> Note that what you quoted above was not about throwing away namespaces
>> but about not introducing namespace *syntax* to the text/html
>> serialization. In fact, HTML5 requires UAs to put HTML elements in the
>> XHTML namespace.
>
> If all we're doing is HTML, fine. However people are now in this thread
> talking about putting MathML into this. In other forums people are
> discussing adding XForms. If I'm wrong and people are not suggesting
> that MathML and XForms and similar non-HTML things end up in the HTML
> namespace, then please tell me that. I;'d be very happy to know that.

I've no idea about XForms, but the plan for MathML is that you can write
it without bothering about namespaces, but that it ends up having
namespaces in the DOM.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>