RE: The problems with namespaces in text/html (Was: MathML-in-HTML5)

Elements whose namespaces aren't known should be handled like any other
unknown HTML element. I believe the common way for user agents to handle
an unknown element is basically to ignore the tag and its attributes and
treat any text between start and end tags as if the tags weren't there.
Namespaces do not present any new challenge in this area. "Bogus
namespaces" are no more of a security risk than bogus HTML tags. It is
only the ones that ARE processed by the user agent that represent
potential security risks.

Paul Topping
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com