Re: [whatwg] The problems with namespaces in text/html

Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Let the page screw up. The author will notice it and fix it. That's like
> saying some people mistype table as tabel and therefore we shoudl accept
> both spellings.

No, that's not how it works in the real world.  The users and/or author
will find that the site no longer works, even though it used to.  They
will then complain to the browser vendor, who will politely refuse to do
anything about it.  The user and author will then switch back to the old
version, which does work, or switch to a new browser.  The browser
vendor will realise what a terrible mistake they've made and revert back
to their old behaviour.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/