How do I encode negative numbers in content MathML?

From: <juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 05:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: <www-math@w3.org>

The chapter 4 of MathML 2.0 specification is far from precise at this point.

Moreover, the tutorial

recommends next code

to representing the negative of a variable, and recommends

for the negative of a number.

Whereas the next MathML tutorial

Although <cn>-37</cn> is valid, using minus is sometimes more clear.

<apply> <minus/>
<cn> 37 </cn>

What is the difference if any between both encodings?

What may be preferred? (I personally prefer unary usage of <minus/>)

Juan R.