Re: Formal query about WG role and MathML-FAQ

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:28:33 GMT
To: juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

> can be achieved via XPath axes. You know very well that this content-like
> syntax can be "easily" parsed to presentation one.

I'm sorry but I really don't see what you are trying to achieve here. If
I need a parser capable of parsing <textnode>a+b</textnode> then I may
as well have a full text based system that uses such a parser, asciimath
or TeX or some simplified subset of tex (or maple or mathematica, or any
one of dozens of similar alternatives). I honestly see no benefit in
having some of the expression marked up as XML and some not. If you like
that style, then fine. This list is even a suitable forum to discuss it as
it is for discussion of any math on the web, not just mathml, but
whenever you post to a public list you just get comments or not
depending on whether any other readers choose to comment, and personally
I haven't really got anything to say about such a format.