FrameMaker > MathML

From: John Cornellier <jcornellier@abingdon.oilfield.slb.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:10:52 +0000
To: www-math@w3.org

Hello all,

I'm migrating FrameMaker documents to DITA/XML and am trying to migrate
the inline FM equations to MathML. The equations can be extracted from
FM (actually .MIF) in a very well-documented structured ASCII format
called MathFullForm. I can't find any off-the-shelf or free tools to do
the transform. Writing it in PERL or XSLT would be far from trivial, in
my view.

I have the version of FM which can export to XML, but unfortunately it
renders the equations as raster images! :-(

I even found some students who built a FrameMaker plugin to do the
conversion
http://www.cavegn.cc/front_content.php?idcat=5
seems too good to be true, and I can't get it to work...

I'd be most grateful if anyone else who has been down this road could
give me a few clues ...

John Cornellier
Documentation Manager
Schlumberger Abingdon Technology Centre