RE: Inline equations

Hi.

One more detail about MathPlayer.  MathPlayer at this point can only
access the CSS properties color, background, font-family, font-size and
display at the <math> node.  It can't see any other properties, or
properties set at nodes within the MathML.

The inline/block issue is certainly a problem, in large part because
Mozilla chose to implement automatic centering as a side effect of
setting this property, so we matched their implementationin MathPlayer
since to not do so would have been worse.  As a consequence, the only
way to get displaystyle layout on an inline equation is to put in a
wrapper mstyle element:

Note, you can arrange to have MathType leave the display="block" off the
<math> element by checking "inline equation" on the Format menu.

--Robert

Robert Miner
Director, New Product Development

- our address has changed -
Design Science, Inc.
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California  90802
USA
Tel:  (651) 223-2883
Fax:  (651) 292-0014
robertm@dessci.com
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, WebEQ, Equation Editor,
TexAide ~