Re: Math on the web without MathML (CSS 2.1 rendering for HTML and XML)

From: <juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
To: <www-math@w3.org>

Mark P. Line wrote:
> Had the W3C asked *me* to design an XML-conformant math content standard,
> I'm sure the result would be far superior to content MathML for my
> purposes. But they didn't, so it's not. But I'll live. Even if I did
> choose to come up with my own language, I'd still be translating MathML
> into a subset of it. The train has already left the station.

And how someone (MathML exceptic) said, a train to nowhere.

"toot, toot"

> -- Mark
>
> Mark P. Line
> Polymathix
> San Antonio, TX

P.S: I agree with you that the train left the station but would add that
just arrived to off-line publishing of math (e.g. publishers worflow).
Precisely, the CSS rendering is being here proposed _is focused to online
mathematics_ both XML and HTML:

<frac>
</frac>

<SPAN CLASS="frac">
<SPAN CLASS="num">b</SPAN><SPAN CLASS="den">2</SPAN>
</SPAN>

or HTML5-Math version if finally approved in the spec.

Juan R.

Center for CANONICAL |SCIENCE)