Re: Math and MathML [browser support]

From: Mark P. Line <mark@polymathix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:28:03 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-math@w3.org

juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com wrote:
> Patrick Ion said:
>> Actually, there is growing browser support for MathML.
> And cannot be compared with CSS support.

Okay, now I'm really confused. This sounds like Juan has nothing more than
sour grapes to vent because somebody is using a tool for which he thinks
CSS could conceivably be used instead. Surely I've misunderstood. Surely
that's not what all this is about.

>> It does not follow from the present situation that only the
>> improvement of
>> CSS handling should be expected, or that only that should be called for.
> For instance, whereas MSIE continues ignoring native support for MathML
> (you need a third-party plugin), they have announced increasing support
> for CSS 2 in last version of the browser.

Let's see. If I were the IE product manager at Microsoft, I wonder if I'd
be doing a cost/benefit analysis to determine how much money I wanted to
throw at developing native support for MathML, and I wonder if the
proportion of IE users requiring the feature would play a role in that

How many browsers have native support for GraphViz? Why not?

-- Mark

Mark P. Line
San Antonio, TX