jmath character

From: David Harvey <dmharvey@math.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:14:56 -0400
To: www-math@w3.org

Hello,

I notice that the mathml entity "jmath" is listed as unicode 0x6a,
which is just a regular lowercase J.

(see http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-MathML2-20031021/bycodes.html)

On the other hand, unicode defines a character 0x1D6A5, nestled among
the other mathematical alphabets, which is called "MATHEMATICAL
ITALIC SMALL DOTLESS J", and mentions the TeX command "\jmath". The
reference glyph looks awfully like what I think jmath should be.

(see http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D400.pdf)

Perhaps jmath should be redirected to 0x1D6A5 in mathml 3.0?