math display="block" and some more text ?

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:05:08 +0100

Hello list,

while tuning our MathML-p output from ActiveMath, I came to the issue
that a limit, encoded with msub, should be presented in "displaystyle"
when in a "centered-math-paragraph".

I am using the name "centered-math-paragraph" since I wish to allow
several math expressions with text in the middle be part of the
centered-math-paragraph. Such text include the evil comma or period
right after but could include also equation numbers, or some other text.

However, the attribute display="block" makes the content of the math
element be presented as a single paragraph... bummer my comma's gone to
next line.

Do I have a different way than encoding my comma or other text as a
string child of the math element ?

thanks

paul