Re: *.xhtml filenames, mimetypes and and mathML problem

* William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu> 2006-02-23
> Richard Kaye <R.W.Kaye@bham.ac.uk> writes:
> > I obviously need to look into content-negotiation.
>
> I don't see the relevance of content-negotiation for this particular
> issue with Google.

Google, Internet Explorer, etc. are unaware of XHTML. Using Content
Negotiation serves XHTML to user agents which ask for XHTML, and HTML to the
rest (Google, Internet Explorer, etc.).

Content Negotiation works well for my XHTML+MathML webpage
<http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/model/>. It is accepted as
XHTML+MathML by XHTML-aware browsers. It is present in Google's cache at
<http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/model/>.
The only problem is that Google's cache serves it as plain HTML.
--
http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/
http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/weblog/