Re: Choosing namespaces syntax for MathML

White Lynx wrote:
> Well, there is a bug in MSIE's XML parser that breaks all pages that declare default attribute value in DTD, so if there were recommendations against using attlist declarations they were probably motivated by this bug.
>
> It is bug however and not something imposed by spec, as requirement to process attlist declarations placed in internal subset (before external entities) applies to both validating and non-validating XML parsers.

I think it is fundamentally wrong to believe that a non-validating XML
parser will not read a DTD if referenced.

The bug you are alluding to in MSIE/MS-XML is scary and requires a
workaround I'm afraid, but it doesn't mean authors should be authoring
with it, or ?

paul